22 April 2015

UPDATE | How to Stop the Sugar Cravings (ChromoPrecise)


If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don't, click here), you'll see that many breakfasts and juices I post are mostly healthy. It's something I like to do and eat, because it tastes and does good. And by starting the day with something that is low on fat and high on protein, keeps me motivated to keep it like that during the day. But the problem is my lack of discipline. I might say, "Ok, today is the day, today I won't eat a single food that's on the 'NO NO' food list". But if I come home, open the fridge to grab some frozen ginger, and see, instead, a brand new bucket of the new chocolate and brownie Carte D'Or ice-cream, I'm just like "the heck with the smoothie" and just eat a huge bowl of that magnificent work of food. But then comes the after moment, where I so regret eating it, although it tasted like heaven in the moment. 

And it's quite frustrating, because, now that Summer is approaching, I've been really good with the gym, I'll go 3 or more times during the week and sweat it out for a full hour. And in that day, I'll maintain the goal in mind, but on the next I'm just too weak upon Nutella's appearance in my kitchen and go all out with it and some real waffles... (and gym is quite often my excuse, I think 'since I'm already working out, I can eat this and burn the calories later'. If only I would burn those 260 donut calories plus all the others I need to really burn the belly fat).

It's a constant roller-coaster of working out in one day and feeling like the abs are coming out, but on the next I just don't care and gain like 10 pounds. The one thing you have to have, when dieting, is a strong mind and be able to say 'no' when presented with something that'll keep you off track. And that has to keep on for at least one month to have a positive effect.

Se me segues no Instagram (e se não, clica aqui), podes ver que muitos pequenos-almoços e sumos que faço são geralmente saudáveis. É algo que eu gosto de fazer e de comer, porque sabe bem e faz bem. E ao começar o dia com algo que é baixo em gorduras e alto em proteínas, motiva-me a continuar a comer bem durante o dia. Mas o problema é a minha falta de disciplina. Eu posso dizer, "Ok, hoje é o dia, hoje não vou comer nada que engorde". Mas se eu chego a casa, abro o congelador para buscar gengibre congelado e vejo, em vez disso, uma caixa de gelado Carte d'Or de chocolate e brownie, nem quero saber mais do sumo e como uma taça do gelado na boa. Depois é que vem o momento de arrependimento, apesar de ter sabido tão bem no momento.

E é frustrante, porque, agora que o Verão está quase a chegar, eu tenho sido muito disciplinada em relação ao ginásio, tenho ido 3 a 4 vezes por semana e feito uma hora intensa de todas as vezes. E nesse dia, eu mantenho o objetivo a cabeça e faço tudo bem, mas no dia a seguir fico demasiado fraca para me debater contra a Nutella e deixo-a deixar-me fazer uma panquecas e comê-la sem vergonha... (e muitas vezes uso o ginásio como desculpa, penso que já que vou a seguir ao ginásio, posso queimar lá as 260 calorias deste donut. Mas o que faz mesmo perder a gordura corporal é queimar as calorias para lá das que consumimos).

No final, vejo que ando numa montanha russa: entre de ir ao ginásio e sentir os abdnominais a surgir ou nem querer saber da dieta e engordar 10 quilos só numa tarde. É que a única coisa que temos de ter quando estamos ou queremos fazer dieta é ter um forte poder de mente e conseguir dizer "não" quando nos deparamos com coisas que não estão dentro do plano. E para ter um efeito positivo, há que manter esta atitude por, pelo menos, 1 mês.

Worry no more, 'cuz I have found THE solution!

Mas não se preocupem, porque eu encontrei A solução!



Whenever I wanted to cheat my sweet tooth, I would either drink water, tea or coffee. But it was never enough and I would give in to the sugar, because that was what by body was asking for. But what if we could get this low level of glucose rightened without ingesting the wrong type of sugar?
That's when miraculously I came across this ACTIVE magazine article that provided me with the answer. Which is: CHROMOprecise.

It is basically a supplement that helps the sugar to step out of the blood flow and be transformed in energy for the muscles and the brain. And by not hanging out in the blood flows with his homies blood cells, it helps us to stop craving something sweet and lose the belly (or thighs, or butt, or feet) fat that annoys us so.

The treatment is said to be effective within the first 2 to 3 weeks of use, taking 2 pills at breakfast. Today is my first day! I'll keep you updated if it is working or if it is some advertising scam...

Sempre que tento enganar a minha fome de doces, bebo água, ou chá ou café. Mas como nem sempre é suficiente, acabo por me entregar ao açúcar que o meu corpo tanto pede. Mas e se pudessemos acertar este baixo nível de glucose (açúcar no sangue) sem ter de recorrer aos maus açúcares?
Foi aí que me apareceu um artigo da revista ACTIVA que me respondeu a esta resposta: CHROMOprecise.

É basicamente um suplemento que ajuda o açúcar a sair da corrente sanguínea e a ser transformado na energia muscular e cerebral que precisamos. E ao não estar só a tchillar nas  veias com as suas 'migas células, vai-nos ajudar a parar de querer sempre algo docinho a seguir às refeições e perder, finalemente, a gorusra indesejada à volta da barriga (ou as coxas, ou do rabo ou dos pés).

O tratamento fará efeito nas primeiras 2 a 3 semanas, tomando todos os dias 2 comprimidos a seguir ao pequeno-almoço. Hoje foi o meu primeiro dia! Vou atualizando-vos no progresso, a ver se realmente funciona ou se é só mais uma artimanha da publicidade...


UPDATE

After more than two weeks of taking everyday two of these pills, here are the results:

- first week: upon taking them religiously every morning, I felt right away a strong effect, whenever I would open the fridge and look inside, nothing would really "call" me to eat it, I felt no urge to eat sugary things, and after a while I wouldn't even go to the kitchen out of boredom. So, I can say that this first week really did have a great impact on me and made me cut all the unnecessary sugar in my diet;

- second week: I started to cut on the pills every other day to see if I was really depending on them to have discipline or if I my body was able to do it itself without these supplements: the results were great, after one week, my body would no longer crave for sweets on the no-pill day!

- third week: I cut them completely and regain mental strength to control these unwanted desires. I realized this Chromo was just the push I needed to give me total control over what I would put in my body. And in that sense, it worked!

Final thoughts: so I felt like this Chromo pills helped, but imagine these were like those anti-depressive fake capsules filled with water that calmed patients after taking them, but not knowing they were fake. It's all really a matter of the psyche, if you put your mind into the goal you want to achieve, you should be able to do it just fine. The true fact is that if you set a goal and you put limits to your everyday habits, it might me too overwhelming when you're doing all of the cutting in one go, but try to keep it real and cut every week something minor, just not all at once. In that way, your mind won't be full of restrictions and make you want to give up for its excess. 

Após mais de duas semanas a tomar, todos os dias, estes comprimidos , aqui apresento os resultados:

- 1a semana: ao tomar 2, religiosamente, todas as manhãs, senti logo um efeito considerável, sempre que ia à cozinha e abria o frigorífico, nada me chamava para o comer, não sentia aquela necessidade de comer doces, e ao fim de algum tempo já nem me apetecia ir à cozinha só porque não tinha nada para fazer. Posso então dizer que esta primeira semana teve um grande impacto na minha dieta fazendo-me cortar todos os açúres que não precisava;

- 2a semana: comecei a cortar na toma dos comprimidos e só os tomava manhã sim, manhã não para ver se realmente estava dependente deles para me disciplinar ou se o meu corpo conseguia disciplinar-se a si próprio sem estes suplementos: resultado, o meu corpo não pedia doces mesmo nos dias não!

- 3a semana: parei complemente de os tomar e ganhei uma força mental que me fez poder controlar estes desejos desnecessários. Percebi que este Crómio era só o empurrão que me faltava para poder ter o controlo total sobre o que ingeria. E nesse sentido, resultou.

Considerações finais: senti que realmente estes comprimidos de Crómio ajudaram-me, mas imagine-se que estes eram como aqueles comprimidos anti-depressivos que, na verdade, eram só cápsulas de água, mas que os pacientes se sentiam muito melhores depois de os tomarem, sem saberem que eram falsos. Tem tudo a ver com o aspeto psicológico, se focarmo-nos no nosso objetivo final com toda a força, é possível atingi-lo só com essa motivação mental. Claro que se tentar atingir um objectivo com muitas restrições pode ser mais difícil do que limitarmo-nos a uma restrição por semana mais real. Assim não nos fará querer desistir logo à primeira, mas sim comprometermo-nos.